Samsung T809 Power User

Quick Links       Dada's Samsung t809 FAQ       Howard Forums Samsung Forum       Phone Scoop t809 Forum

Saturday, March 11, 2006

New Updates soon to come

THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN MOVED TO A NEW SERVER. ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED THERE!

Please visit our new website at Samsung t809 FAQ

I apologize for the lack of posts and e-mail replies -- I have been in Europe and Asis for almost a month, not including preparation time beforehand. Over the last few weeks I've worked more on the Samsung t809 cell phone, and will start posting regular updates and FAQ changes over the next week or two. I will also be turning off comments for the board and instead using my forum for questions, criticisms, and comments.

Thanks for your understanding during this temporary "outage" of updates!

2 Comments:

  • Hi guys/girls

    Very nice site, and dedicated. We just purchased the T809 from TMobile. Very nice phine with one exception, and I know it is a little technical, but you guys/girls owning so long, may know the answers.

    The device, will not allow any java spplication to connect to the internet, i.e. third party java applications. I tried reqwireless web browser, google serach, as well as numerous app's that I have written in java. I get an security exception, when any app tries to connect.

    Using the tmobile tzones browser, is no issue, it browses fine, as well as browsing to other websites outside of tzones, including non-wap websites.

    If I take the sim out from tmobile, and stick it in a Nokia 6010 or 6630, the java apps on those phones can connect to the internet, so this lead me to believe it is so0mething specific to this device, i also tested on x495 from tmobile with same results, failure.

    I understand Opera, is having issues with this device, so it may be just that java applications are not allowed to access the internet. But that would be ignorant, and a very sad limitation on the device.

    Does anyone have any ideas, i tried all the codes for different devices, with no effect. There is no java gprs setting for this device, nor is there the java web app, that some have talked about.

    I spent hours on the phone with tmobile level 1 and level 2, and unfortunately, i knew more about the device, and their APN's than they did, so they were not much help.

    Any information, trick or input would be greatly appreciated

    Sincerely,

    Jason Glass
    http://ichibancomputers.com
    gohip(at)ichibancomputers.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

  • I replied to this message on the forum, please check there :)

    By Blogger A. B. Dada, at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
t809 Power User counter

Global Unanimocracy Network Counter
Technology Blog Top Sites