Samsung T809 Power User

Quick Links       Dada's Samsung t809 FAQ       Howard Forums Samsung Forum       Phone Scoop t809 Forum

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mini Opera confirmations

THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN MOVED TO A NEW SERVER. ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED THERE!

Please visit our new website at Samsung t809 FAQ

It looks as though Mini Opera is not going to receive support on the Samsung t809 cell phone from Opera as the Mini browser isn't a paid-for-product. If we had more t809 users ask Opera for help, I bet we'd see some movement in making a signed app, but I don't see it happening, unfortunately. I'm lucky to have a PDA and a laptop that I bluetooth tether to my t809 and I use them constantly, all day long. I don't know if I could switch to the tiny screen anyway.

I've been spending a lot of time over at http://www.getjar.com/ which is a huge site containing free Java applications, Java games and other Java utilities that work great on the t809. I really wish the Samsung t809 would allow unsigned Java apps to connect to the EDGE network, as getjar has a ton of applications for performing work through your phone. I'd almost give up my PDA if the t809 could run many of these apps.

The Sudoku games seems to be the most popular downloads, but I won't get it -- I can't afford to have addicting games on my phone with all the miles I drive! I'll have a review of the top 10 apps I've tried out there later this week. If you have a recommended app for your t809 cell phone, drop a comment or e-mail me.

This site is now part of the Global Unanimocracy Network.

6 Comments:

  • I have the t809, and I'm kinda miffed at why it won't let me use my own mp3's as an incoming ringtone, or anything else for that matter.....other than that, the phone rocks pretty well. Any clues?

    Thanks,
    Edward VanHalen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

  • I NEED HELP. I got a Sony UX40 PDA to go with my Samsung phone so I can take full advantage of the EDGE technology. Anyway, please I need help configuring it to work with the 809! PLEASEEEE. I am killing myself here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

  • HELP MEEE. I think I am going to sell the T809 . For the money I paid there are so many better options that actually do what I need them to. Verizon or Cingular... HERE I COME. Unless of course, you can help me get this thing connected by next week. Please I need to bluetooth the T809 to my Sony UX40. I tried everything. EVERYTHING! Please help. E-mail JohnnyCProd@aol.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

  • Great blog! I eagerly anticipate your top/recommended Java programs!

    By Anonymous Daryl, at 10:15 PM  

  • how can i get google maps to work on my t809 I downloaded the software for the d500 witch to my understanding is about the same as t809 but it wont let it log on to the internet is this the same problem as operamini or can i fix this?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

  • Hey edward,

    I had the same problem but found a way around it. Just rename your .mp3 file to a .3gp and copy it to your memory card. Once it's on your phone, just go to it and got to set as -> caller ringtone.

    I wish I could get Google maps to work...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
t809 Power User counter

Global Unanimocracy Network Counter
Technology Blog Top Sites