Samsung T809 Power User

Quick Links       Dada's Samsung t809 FAQ       Howard Forums Samsung Forum       Phone Scoop t809 Forum

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Picture ID and Caller Ringtone?

THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN MOVED TO A NEW SERVER. ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED THERE!

Please visit our new website at Samsung t809 FAQ

While this information is in the manual, I am still seeing 2 or 3 e-mails a day regarding setting up a custom picture and ringtone for a particular caller.Once you have their number saved in your phone book, you can customize their calling options easily.

Click the Phonebook button (right side top button), select 2 Contact list, and scroll to find the saved phonebook listing. Click Options -> 1 View and scroll to select either Picture ID or Ringtone and hit Options -> Edit. YOu can now select a picture or a ringtone. Once selected, Save the changes, and you're good to go!

The Samsung t809's phonebook is not as powerful as some previous phones, and some users are unhappy about the limitations in the number of phone numbers, lack of contact address information and the like. I use my t809 in unison with a PDA, so I'm able to save much more information. I do understand the need to have more features if you only want to port around one device -- I'm surprised at Samsung's decision to minimize the interface this way.

7 Comments:

  • Are Caller ID Videos possible on the T809 like on the D600?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

  • Yes, they are. The downside about the Caller ID Videos (as far as I can tell) is that you can only play the video portion -- the audio portion won't come through.

    I'm messing around with it a bit to see if there is a work around.

    By Blogger A. B. Dada, at 2:37 PM  

  • Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 PM  

  • is there any way to get the caller id picture fill up the entire screen....or is the phone limited to just the small display?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

  • I just spent a few hours using Samsung's audio file editor to use as ringtones. When I copied them to the Music directory (where Scat_Jazz.mp3, Gentle_Techno.mp3, etc. are located) I couldn't select the newly made mp3s as ringtones! They are smaller in size than some selectable mp3s. I can see the mp3's but they are a lighter font color than the selectable ones. Can anyone help?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

  • Argh... I've been looking over your blog pondering whether or not to buy the t809, and it sounds petty, but the lack of a good address book on the phone is really bugging me. I currently store all my friends' addresses in my phone, and I'd be completely lost without it. Carrying around a second pda for this purpose doesn't really seem like a viable option for me... Is there any kind of "note" option in the phone interface?

    By Blogger Bendyr, at 4:40 PM  

  • i realized that unless you save the number to your phone.. you can add a picture or change ringtone per caller.. for some reason that doesnt work with the ones saved just to sim card.. weird

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
t809 Power User counter

Global Unanimocracy Network Counter
Technology Blog Top Sites