Samsung T809 Power User

Quick Links       Dada's Samsung t809 FAQ       Howard Forums Samsung Forum       Phone Scoop t809 Forum

Monday, January 23, 2006

International / Multicarrier Samsung t809 cell phone usage

THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN MOVED TO A NEW SERVER. ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED THERE!

Please visit our new website at Samsung t809 FAQ

I'm going to be traveling to Europe and Asia in February and March and would love to get some input on using the phone in different markets. I'll surely be taking notes on where it works with T-Mobile and what carriers it has worked well with.

I also want to get the Internet support set up in the FAQ for EVERY provider. If you're using the Samsung t809 cellular phone on a non-USA-TMobile network, let me know. If you have GPRS working or not, let me know. I'll get it sorted out and see what we can do!

Thanks for everyone's support, I've got a lot of adding and updating to do in the next few days.

7 Comments:

  • After unlocking it, I used my t809 successfully in Honduras both with local prepaid service from a company called Tigo and with a Cingular SIM card (roaming).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

  • Ever since I started using the phone in Belgium (Proximus/Base) I have been having constant issues with people hearing distortion and static on the other end of the line even though i dont hear any. I might send the phone back to the states as its not getting any better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM  

  • ANOTHER T809 GLITCH - I have discovered a new glitch in Samsung T809 - suppose u have a number 555-555-5555 saved as XYZ in the SIM address book. Then you call 333-555-5555 or just 555-5555, then the Call Log will show XYZ as a previous call made. It seems to look only at the last 7 digits and not the entire 10. Whats the matter with it?? Anyone else see this error?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

  • After unlocking it, I used my t809 successfully in Honduras both with local prepaid service from a company called Tigo and with a Cingular SIM card (roaming).

    Annonymous10:06 PM



    To the friend who posted the above, wil be appreciative if u can post the unlockin code for T809, cuz i flew out of states & now don't have T-Mobile coverage, T-PPl would definetly helped me out if i called them before i moved out, So can't use the T-809 with the other network.
    Will be a Biggo Favour.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 AM  

  • albeit now being April, I have used the phone in Norway, Ireland, England, Germany and some markets in Asia after unlocking the phone with no issues.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  

  • To the person with the 'glitch' - if yu are overseas you have to remember to put +1 in front of your saved phonebook when making calls back to the US or they won't go through as you pointed out. This is why I save my phone numbers in the phonebook with the country code so I don't have to remember this all the time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 AM  

  • To the person who replied to my glitch complain, I am not overseas but in the US. It happens in the US and overseas too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
t809 Power User counter

Global Unanimocracy Network Counter
Technology Blog Top Sites