Samsung T809 Power User

Quick Links       Dada's Samsung t809 FAQ       Howard Forums Samsung Forum       Phone Scoop t809 Forum

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Samsung t809 battery saving tips

THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN MOVED TO A NEW SERVER. ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED THERE!

Please visit our new website at Samsung t809 FAQ

I'm looking for some battery saving tips from other Samsung t809 users. So far, I have tested (and verified) the following ways to conserve the precious battery life:

* Turn down your LCD brightness to the very minimum. It is still VERY bright. You can adjust the brightness by going to Menu -> Settings -> Display settings -> Brightness control and set it to 1

* Turn down your Backlight timing so that the backlight turns of faster rather than slower. You can adjust the backlight by going to Menu -> Settings -> Display settings -> Backlight. I set my "On" time to 15 sec and my "Dim" time to 5 sec. I wish I could set my On time lower, but that is the minimum.

* Turn off Bluetooth if you're not using it. I connect to EDGE/GPRS at least 20 times per day, so I leave my Bluetooth ON all day, and my battery life definitely suffers for it. If I find myself unable to charge for a long time, I likely will toggle the Bluetooth on and off as I need it.

* Here's an odd one: use the most basic ring tone possible, don't use vibrate, and turn your ring tone volume down. I actually seem to have saved significant battery life by doing this. I'm testing it long term to prove it, but it seems to be the case.

A few things I will also test: battery life with the T-Flash in and out of the phone.

2 Comments:

  • gr8 blog. looking fwd to ur ansr on Opera Mini.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 PM  

  • Thanks! I'm trying something new every day and have been on the phone with T-Mobile and Samsung a few times. Hope we can figure something out soon.

    By Blogger A. B. Dada, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
t809 Power User counter

Global Unanimocracy Network Counter
Technology Blog Top Sites